Join us on the farm where you will learn how to take care of these gentle and fascinating creatures. Topics covered include the following:
- – Considerations for keeping an alpaca eg. land, shelter, company Feeding, diet and nutrition
- – Assessing an alpaca (fleece and conformation)
- – Herding, handling and haltering an alpaca
- – Day to day husbandry tasks such as trimming toenails, body scoring, spotting health problems
- – Common complaints how to spot them and what to do
The course will be part classroom and part hands-on with the alpacas so attendees should come prepared for the elements A minimum of 5 attendees are required for the course to run. If the minimum number of people is not reached then attendees will be notified by the 30th of August.