Do you know someone who wants to keep alpacas? or who just wants to find out more about these fascinating creatures? If so the Alpaca Husbandry voucher is a perfect gift.
The recipient will join us on the farm where you will learn how to take care of these gentle and fascinating creatures. Topics covered include the following:
- Considerations for keeping an alpaca eg. land, shelter, companion animals, feeding, diet and nutrition
- Assessing an alpaca (fleece and conformation)
- Herding, handling and haltering an alpaca
- Day to day husbandry tasks such as trimming toenails, body scoring, spotting health problems
- Common complaints how to spot them and what to do
The course will be part classroom and part hands-on with the alpacas, so attendees should come prepared for the elements. Husbandry gift vouchers do not expire and can be used to book a place on any of the husbandry courses we run annually, which is normally between 2-3 a year.
Recipients of our vouchers who have not yet redeemed them will be emailed with future dates as soon as they are scheduled. Spaces are reserved on a first come first serve basis.
When buying a voucher an email with the voucher number will automatically be sent, if you would like a voucher to be physically sent to the recipient then enter the postal address in the ‘Order Notes’ when checking out.